How to fix the dreaded stuttering issue of The Callisto Protocol? Here’s your guide on how to improve the game’s performance.
The Callisto Protocol is one of the most anticipated games in 2022. However, players have reported that it is plagued by stuttering and sudden frame drops during gameplay, which can be frustrating and disrupt the overall experience.
If you are also experiencing stuttering issues with The Callisto Protocol, there are a few steps you can take to try and improve the game’s performance. But before you dive in and start applying the methods below, note that the FPS issue of the game is related to its low optimization. That’s why the developer studio is hard at work to deliver new performance updates. Until then, it is best to make sure you can do everything at your end to enhance the game’s stability.
1. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the game.
The Callisto Protocol is a demanding game and requires a powerful system to run smoothly. Here are the system requirements for the title:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290X
- Storage: 30 GB available space
It is important to note that these are the minimum requirements and may not be sufficient for smooth gameplay. A system with higher specs is recommended for optimal performance.
2. Check your graphics settings.
The Callisto Protocol allows you to adjust the graphics settings to improve performance or to get better visuals. If your graphics settings are set too high, it may cause stuttering. Try lowering the settings to see if it improves performance.
- V-Sync: Off
- Framerate limit: Unlimited
- Fullscreen mode: Fullscreen
- Lighting: High
- Shadows: Medium
- Motion blur: Disabled
- Subsurface scattering: Enabled
- Anti-aliasing: Temporal AA
- Film grain: Off
- Volumetrics: Medium
- Particles: High
- Textures: High
- Screen space reflections: Disabled
- Physical refractions: Disabled
- Depth of field: Enabled
3. Update your drivers.
Outdated drivers can cause performance issues and stuttering. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and other hardware.
- To update NVIDIA and AMD graphics drivers, follow these steps:
- Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer. For NVIDIA, go to www.nvidia.com/download and for AMD, go to www.amd.com/en/support.
- Select your product type, series, and model from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Download” button to download the latest driver.
- Install the downloaded driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- You can also use GeForce Experience to update your NVIDIA GPU’s drivers.
- For AMD, download and install Radeon Software and check for updates after running the app.
4. Optimize your PC.
Optimizing your PC for gaming can improve performance and enhance your overall gaming experience. This can be done by updating drivers, cleaning up your hard drive, disabling background programs, overclocking your CPU and GPU, and using gaming optimization software. By following these steps, you can optimize your PC for gaming and enjoy a smoother and more enjoyable experience. That being said, this might not necessarily resolve the stuttering issues on The Callisto Protocol.
5. Verify the game files.
This can fix any corrupted files that may be causing stuttering issues. To verify the game files, go to the game’s properties in Steam.
- Open your Steam library.
- Right-click on The Callisto Protocol.
- Select Properties.
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.
6. Stay up-to-date on patches and updates.
The Callisto Protocol has received its first performance patch that focuses on the game’s stability. Hopefully, it should partly resolve the lagging and low FPS issue. That’s why you should make sure that your game receives the latest updates. After installing the most recent patch, you should have a more stable experience in Striking Distance’s long-awaited survival horror. That being said, it is still important to regularly check and maintain your system to ensure optimal performance so that you can avoid stuttering issues in the future.
About The Callisto Protocol
The Callisto Protocol is a popular survival horror game developed by Striking Distance Studios, led by Glen Schofield. Schofield has also served in the development process of Dead Space, which makes The Callisto Protocol a spiritual successor to the classic survival horror. The game is set in the year 2030 on Jupiter’s dead moon Callisto, where players must navigate a maximum-security prison and uncover the dark secrets within.
The game features immersive gameplay and an intense atmosphere, with a focus on stealth and combat. Players can choose to take on enemies directly or use stealth to avoid confrontations. The game also includes various puzzles and challenges to solve.
The Callisto Protocol has received positive reviews for its engaging storyline and intense gameplay. We hope that the possible methods above should at least temporarily solve its low FPS issues. But it is best to wait for new patches to land as the team at Striking Distance Studios works on performance improvements.