Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 has finally arrived. Here’s a complete list of all changes and updates that come with it.
In the ever-evolving gaming world, few titles have captured the rollercoaster of highs and lows quite like Cyberpunk 2077. The game was released when CD Projekt Red thought their highly anticipated cyberpunk epic was ready. But the launch was nothing short of disastrous. In fact, the game was even removed from the PlayStation store. Naturally, it received a negative backlash from the gaming community.
However, the story of Cyberpunk 2077 didn’t end there. Fast forward to today, and Cyberpunk 2077 is back on its feet and thriving, thanks to Update 2.0. And without further ado, let’s dive into all the changes with Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0.
Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 Update: All Changes
Here’s everything you need to know about this free major update. It completely overhauls the game’s character progression systems. It also offers a brand new police system including an active Max-Tac system.
New Police System
The police force in the Night City has been completely revamped in the new update. The notorious Max-Tac now hunts you down when you reach five stars.
- NCPD actively chases you when you commit a crime.
- NCPD Wanted Level determines pursuit intensity.
- NCPD officers and vehicles patrol Night City.
- Quickhacking NCPD officers is possible.
- Vehicle combat enhancements, including new perks.
- Vehicles have varying durability and CrystalDome technology.
- Randomized chases between factions are now in the game.
Combat AI Enhancements
Cyberpunk 2077‘s enemies have also received a solid amount of improvements. These include better AI and combat behavior.
- Improved enemy netrunner AI.
- Enhanced NPC reactions to grenades.
- Faster enemy detection when walking or sprinting.
- Enemies with Sandevistan cyberware now use it actively.
- Improved investigations for silenced weapons.
- New perks to expand netrunning capabilities.
- Rebalanced RAM costs and damage.
- Queue multiple quickhacks on one enemy.
- Removed Breach Protocol on enemies.
- Limited charges and recharge time for health items and grenades.
- Stamina changes for actions and weapon use.
- Improved Aim Assist.
- Rebalanced main boss fights with Armor Penetration.
- Removed one-hit kill protection from civilians.
Perks and Skills
Perk Tree Overhaul:
- Fewer perks with more meaningful impact.
- Refunded perk points for existing playthroughs.
- Reset Attributes once to adapt to new perks.
New Skill Categories
- Merged old skills into five new categories.
- Progression unlocks passive buffs every 5 levels.
- Skills max out at level 60.
- Can now refund each perk individually for free.
- Attribute Shards, Carrying Capacity Shards, and Cyberware Capacity Shards were introduced.
- Armor is provided primarily by cyberware.
- Clothing becomes mostly cosmetic.
- Cyberware capacity determines the number of implants.
- Implants attuned to specific Attributes.
- Upgrading cyberware is possible.
- Some slots unlock with specific perks.
- Multiple new types of cyberware were introduced.
- Immersive Ripperdoc animations added.
- New side quest to introduce the updated cyberware system.
Changes in the Weapon System
- Iconic weapon effects updated.
- “First equip” animation triggers anytime.
- Smoke grenades added.
- New melee weapon Finishers.
- Thermal Katana is now available.
- New weapon mods and crafting changes.
- Old weapon mods are replaced with new, random mods based on level.
- The new Tier system now categorizes weapons.
- Smart weapon damage lowered but it now benefits from Perks.
- Loot scales to player level.
- Reduced excessive loot.
Traffic and NPC Behavior Adjustments
- Improved NPC vehicle behavior.
- Pedestrians avoid moving vehicles.
- NPC drivers are better at avoiding foot traffic.
- Enhanced vehicle handling, braking, and acceleration.
- Fixers no longer text about vehicle sales.
Vehicle Camera and Controls
- New user settings for vehicle cameras and controls.
- Three third-person camera distances.
- New “Driving” category in the Database.
- Speed-sensitive steering for most vehicles.
- Engines have torque curves.
- Brake force adjustments.
- Improved vehicle suspension and handling.
Balance and Economy Changes
The Update 2.0 also improves the game’s balance and economy system. It also scales the NPCs based on player level.
- All NPCs scale to player level.
- Different tiers for enemy factions.
- Some NPCs feature Low, Medium, or High armor.
Crafting and Upgrading
- Simplified crafting and upgrading with one component type.
- Introduced Tiers for rarity.
- Iconic weapons can be upgraded.
- Prices are adjusted for various items.
- New radio stations.
- UI improvements and overhauls.
- Quest fixes and refinements.
- Stability and performance enhancements.
- Added mini-games, secrets, and quality-of-life features.
- Updated system requirements.
- Support for NVIDIA DLSS 3.5.
- AMD Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) options.
- Crowd Density setting moved.
- SSD requirement for Steam Deck.
Changed upscaling resolution for improved performance on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
These updates and changes represent a significant overhaul of Cyberpunk 2077, addressing various aspects of the game, from combat and skills to economy and performance, making it a much-improved experience for players.
Is Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 free?
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 is completely free. Players can enjoy the improvements and new features in Update 2.0 without any extra expense. When it comes to the Phantom Liberty DLC, you will have to spend some hard-earned cash to get your hands on it.
Is Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 out?
Yes, Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.0 has been released, and players can now enjoy its many improvements and new features. It’s an exciting time for new and returning players as they can explore the game’s updated content and continue their adventures in this dystopian world.
Is Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One?
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 is unavailable for last-gen consoles, including PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The studio probably took this decision due to the challenges in optimizing the game’s performance and features on older hardware. So, the player on those platforms will not receive the update due to technical limitations.
In conclusion, Cyberpunk 2077‘s Update 2.0 significantly transforms the game. The game now has comprehensive enhancements spanning combat, skills, weapons, vehicles, balance, and more. These great changes surely redefine the Night City experience as well.