Here’s our Diablo 4 Whirlwind Barbarian build guide to make the leveling easier and make the best of this explosive class.
Leveling up as a Barbarian in Diablo 4 can be challenging, especially when aiming for an optimal Whirlwind build that requires endgame talents and skills. However, the Whirlwind build offers the strongest choice and allows the Barbarian to level up quickly.
The Whirlwind Barbarian also focuses on dealing with constant area-of-effect (AoE). But you also need to maintain powerful buffs while you’re on the move.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Whirlwind Build Guide
It is an easy and enjoyable build to progress with. But you need to prioritize the best active and passive skills. Selecting the right expertise, optimizing stats and utilizing aspects is crucial.
This guide will provide effective strategies for leveling as a Whirlwind Barbarian, including prioritizing active and passive skills, selecting the right expertise, optimizing stats, and utilizing aspects.
Active Skill Priority: The active skills of Barbarian are very explosive. But these are the best if you are gunning for a Whirlwind Barbarian build.
- Lunging Strike: Upgrade to Enhanced Lunging Strike and Battle Lunging Strike for healing and bleed effects.
- Whirlwind: Upgrade to Enhanced Whirlwind and Furious Whirlwind for Fury refund and bleed effect.
- Rallying Cry: This shout skill increases movement speed and resource generation for you and nearby allies. Upgrade it to enhance resource generation and make yourself Unstoppable.
- War Cry: Upgrade to Enhanced War Cry and Power War Cry for damage increase and Berserking effect.
- Leap: Upgrade to Enhanced Leap and Power Leap for Mobility and Fury generation. Later, switch to Challenging Shout for the tanking role.
- Call of the Ancients: Upgrade to Prime Call of the Ancients and Supreme Call of the Ancients for increased Fury generation, damage, and movement speed. Switch to Wrath of the Berserker when Whirlwind becomes more sustainable.
Diablo 4 Whirlwind Barbarian Passive Skill Priority
Choose passives that enhance your active skills and provide survivability. Here are some recommended passive skills:
- Pressure Point: Your skills have a chance to apply Vulnerable, increasing damage taken by enemies.
- Booming Voice: Increases the duration of your shout skills.
- Guttural Yell: Shout skills cause enemies to deal less damage.
- Raid Leader: Shouts heal allies for a percentage of their maximum health.
- Aggressive Resistance: Provides damage reduction while Berserking.
- Prolific Fury: Increases Fury generation while Berserking.
- Pit Fighter: Increases damage to nearby enemies and reduces damage taken from distant enemies.
- Hamstring: Applies a Slow effect to enemies affected by your Bleeds.
- Heavy Handed: Increases Critical Strike Damage when using a Two-Handed weapon.
- Tempered Fury: Increases Maximum Fury.
- Invigorating Fury: Heals you for a portion of your maximum health after spending 100 Fury.
- Unbridled Rage: Massively increases the damage of your core skills but doubles their Fury cost.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Build Priorities
Expertise Priority: As a Barbarian, your expertise is determined by your weapon type. Two-Handed Sword and Two-Handed Axe are the recommended choices for the Whirlwind Barbarian. That said, The Two-Handed Sword adds a Bleed effect to all attacks. That’s why it can be a solid pick.
On the other hand, Two-Handed Axe increases damage dealt to Vulnerable targets. In any case, choosing weapons with high DPS and stats is best. That way, you can adjust your Technique slot to benefit from the passive bonuses.
Stat Priority: Prioritize Strength for increased damage and Armor for defense. Look for items with bonuses to Vulnerable Damage and Critical Strike Chance. You also need to keep an eye out for the following:
- Critical Strike Damage
- Cooldown Reduction
- Fury Cost Reduction
- Maximum Fury
Diablo 4 Barbarian Best Aspects
Aspects are powerful enhancements that provide unique bonuses and effects. Here are some recommended Aspects for the Whirlwind Barbarian.
- Numbing Wrath: Increases damage dealt to Vulnerable enemies.
- Protector: Reduces incoming damage when you are below a certain health threshold.
- Dire Whirlwind: Increases the duration of the Whirlwind and reduces its Fury cost.
- Ghostwalker: Provides increased movement speed after using a mobility skill.
- Edgemaster’s Aspect: Increases the damage of Slashing Weapons, amplifying your Whirlwind damage.
- Echoing Fury: Increases attack speed and movement speed after killing an enemy.
- Disobedience: Increases damage against enemies that are affected by control-impairing effects.
- Berserk Ripping: Increases Fury generation while Berserking.
- Bold Chieftain’s Aspect: Increases damage dealt by shouts.
Here’s our Diablo 4 Whirlwind Barbarian guide. Remember that customization is key, though. And you can adjust your build based on personal preferences and playstyle.
Diablo 4 offers a massive room for exploration and creativity in character building. Every decision counts in the game’s colossal character progression system. Every micro-decision while building your Diablo 4 Barbarian counts. Try not to get lost in it and enjoy the whirlwind of destruction!