How to remove the giant ants and radscorpions in Fallout: New Vegas? Here’s how to install the “no ants” mod for those who suffer from arachnophobia.
Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the critically acclaimed Fallout: New Vegas invites players to the post-nuclear Mojave Desert. As one of the best games in the franchise, New Vegas offers an immersive world filled with amazing quests and solid characters. While the title remains a classic in the RPG genre, it is also home to giant insects like worker ants and radscorpions. These radioactive-infected creatures are a lot bigger when compared to their relatives in real life. While they are not very hard to beat, many players are disturbed by their size and shapes. The game becomes a lot more difficult for people who suffer from arachnophobia and entomophobia.
That’s why we came up with the Fallout: New Vegas mod installation guide to help you remove these giant ants and scorpions from the game. Thanks to the modders who also have similar phobias, the models of these creatures can be made invisible. It is also possible for you to install another mod that makes them a lot smaller or turn them into ghouls. Here’s your guide on modding and getting rid of these big insects.
How to Remove Ants in Fallout: New Vegas?
Like many other games developed by Bethesda, this title also has amazing mod support. Fans of the game have been developing some of the best mods for the game in the last decade. From UX and UI mods to various other projects that focus on graphics, the game also has modules that add a great amount of content. In this guide, we will be focusing on how to remove giant scorpions and ants from Fallout: New Vegas.
How to install Fallout Mod Manager?
You might want to install new mods to add new content and change the current components of the game. That’s where the mod managers come in handy as they make the installation process a lot easier. To install no more insects mod to your game, just follow the simple steps below:
- Head to Nexus Mods and create an account in order to download Fallout Mod Manager – FOMM.
- Hit this link and download the mod manager from the Files section.
- Activate the Fallout New Vegas: Mod Manager and make sure that it has the correct path of your game’s installation.
Fallout New Vegas Insects Begone Mod
Now that we covered the FOMM, it is time to remove the frustrating giant ants from the Mojave Desert. Just follow the steps below in order to install the mod and get rid of them once and for all. Make sure that you do not have any other mod packs that interfere with these files.
- Click this link and reach the mod’s page.
- Head to the Files section and download the file “Fallout NV and all DLC”
- This version does not only update the models in the base game but it also takes care of the ants and scorpions in DLCs.
- After you download the mod, open it and make sure that there are three files with .esp extensions.
- Just copy these files and paste them to C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data.
- Now open the Fallout Mod Manager and wait for it to analyze the .esp files.
- Check the box of each file and launch your brand new Fallout: New Vegas without giant ants and radscorpions.
And that’s how you eliminate those crawly and annoying monsters and continue your journey on the desert.